Water is the basic necessity to survive, and it needs to be healthy and clean. Water contains minerals that are needed by the body regularly. Water ionizers work as an appliance that helps increase the pH of your drinking water and gives many additional benefits.
The water ionizer uses electrolysis to separate the water stream into alkaline and acidic components. To know more about why your body needs alkaline water, keep reading the article till the end.
What Is an Ionized Alkaline Water?
The alkaline in water refers to its pH level. A pH level is a number that can measure how alkaline or acidic an element is on a scale of 0 to 14. Anything less than 7 is acidic, 7 basic and more than 7 is alkaline.
Alkaline water has a higher pH than regular water that you drink; thus, having alkaline water helps you neutralize the acid in your body. Apart from alkaline, your water needs to have certain minerals and ORP (negative oxidation-reduction potential). The water can behave as an oxidant or pro.
Uses and Benefits of Alkaline Water Ionizer
There are significant benefits and uses of alkaline water, which are discussed below:
- For people working out daily, consuming alkaline water helps in giving them the extra hydration they need. The ionized water molecules are more accessible for the body to absorb than regular water.
- It helps in dissolving oxygen and nutrients and transfers them to body cells to improve metabolism.
- It helps retain the natural minerals found in water, like magnesium and calcium. These minerals are made easily absorbable for the body.
- It washes out chemical residue such as pesticides and fertilizers found in veggies and fruits.
Does Ionized Alkaline Water Work?
Recent studies suggest that drinking alkaline ionized water can benefit people with high cholesterol, diabetes, and high blood pressure. There are certain additional benefits, including:
- anti-aging properties
- colon- cleansing
- weight loss
- hydration and good skin
- detoxifying properties
How Much Ionized Alkaline Water Should You Consume?
Ionized water removes harmful elements and impurities from the water. It also makes it less acidic and balances the elements in your body by flushing out acidic waste. Below you will find how much quantity should you consume daily.
- For regular drinking purposes You should consume at least eight glasses of water in a day to keep you hydrated and improve your well-being.
- To increase your water intake When you have just started switching to ionized water, start with three or four glasses in a day. You can gradually increase your intake and then begin consuming two or more litres thereon.
When Can You Drink Ionized Water?
- First Intake When you begin your day, start it with consuming alkaline water to prepare your body for the rest of the day.
- During Exercising When you start your workout, you can keep your water to get instant hydration. You can consume it any time, before, during or after a workout.
Drinking ionized water is considered safe, and you can start consuming it gradually. Your body takes some time to adjust to it and includes it in its routine, but you will start feeling some difference. Make sure you don’t drink too much water than necessary, as it can lead to you being deficient in minerals.